Friday, June 24, 2011

Ocean Healing

I penned this several years ago during a moment of stress, when I was thinking about the ocean and the peace it brings me. Needed to revisit it just now ...

Sweltering! A million degrees. Fiery enough to force sweat from my exposed pores while I relax, totally unaware of any existence, baking in the sun.

I enjoy the steam, though, as I watch the miniature beads of clear, sticky sweat drip from my arms, shoulders, and stomach. I find strange pleasure in watching the sweat glide across my skin, through me. They drop one by one silently in front of me, to the side, everywhere. Slow motion into the white powdery sand, where they evaporate instantly, not making a sound. I watch every one of them.

Perhaps there was something, but the waves breaking into the sand near my feet overtake all other audible sensations. I occasionally stand and stride slowly into the welcoming warm blue water to refresh. My body literally becomes one with the salty sea, and I am lost in myself and the moment as I drift effortlessly under the water in the absolute silence.

I am invisible to everything and everyone but my soul, which rejoices in this calm. My essence begs me to stay here, and I surrender hopelessly.

Like the beads of sweat before me, I evaporate into this safe place.

No comments:

Post a Comment